Lot#s of them this year, in my garden. They#ll provide me with wonderful juice for the winter. And Apfel-Strudel !
Plenty of blackberrys too, for jam and a "Magical Potion" … lol! If my husband doensn#t eat them before, straight from the bushes!
- 350 g of RIPE blackberries
- 250 g of Demerara sugar
- 1 liter white rum of good quality
Add a roll of cinnamon bark (2cm).
Store in warm place (kitchen) for 3 months.
Strain through a sieve, then pour through a paper coffee filter into a decorative bottle.
Then let it rest for at least 2 weeks.
The resulting liquor makes a nice gift for friends.
Potion recipe 2:
- 1 l Elderberry juice (home made or bought) -> don#t eat RAW elderberries, nor green ones, they are slightly poisonous.
- It#s like beans or rhubarb, cooking destroys the unwanted substances (Sambunigrine, in elderberries).
- Slices of the peel of an orange (thinly cut, without the white part!)
- 5 cloves, 1 pckg vanilla sugar (real vanilla)
- 1/2 l red wine
- 500g coarse brown sugar
- 3/4 l brown rum of good quality.
After cooling and straining the liquor through a sieve and a paper filter:
Mix with rum and fill into bottles.
Let it stay for 2 weeks.
It#s more an elixir, than a liquor: Drink after meals.